NRPS is accepting space reservations for Canal Day 2017, which will be held on October 7th from 9 am to 2 pm. This is a popular event that draws a large crowd from Newport and surrounding communities.
The fee for a 10' x 10' space is $25. Electricity is available on a limited basis for an additional $10. Download a PDF form or Word form and mail your request to NRPS, PO Box 13, Newport, PA 17074. Space reservation forms may also be dropped off at Carpetbagger Collectibles, 12 South 2nd Street, Newport.
Following are details on Canal Day 2016.
2016 Canal Day
Canal Day is a go! We will be in the square tomorrow and hope to see you there. There will be changes to planned entertainment and activities given the weather.
Following is the exciting schedule for this year! The vendor list will be updated regularly.
Join us in the Newport square on October 1, 2016 from 9 am to 2 pm. Our vendors are ready for a great turnout!
Details on This Year's Event
Download the poster!
Are you a sucker for the classic rock songs of the 60s, 70s, and 80s? Friend of Bob is a four-piece classic rock and roll cover band from the Dauphin and Perry County area that plays all your favorite classic rock songs.
Friend of Bob formed in 2011 from musicians that have been playing in the local music scene for many years, some dating back to the 70s. Their talents and experiences mesh together bringing a fun, energetic, and memorable live experience. Friend of Bob for classic rock-n-roll that's just swell.
10 am to 12 pm -- The Louise Beard Memorial and Museum, 129 North Second Street, will be open.
11:15 am -- Jerry Haines performs an acoustic set.
12:30 pm -- Friend of Bob sponsored by Scaringi & Scaringi, P.C.
Hourly -- Stop by the NRPS stand to fill out a chance for a free gift card! Drawings will take place every hour and you do not need to be present to win. Thank you to Steckley's Pet Center, Weis Markets, Giant, US Fuels, Brother's Pizzeria, Soutner's Hallmark, Orrstown Bank and Newport Beverage for donating gift cards!
NRPS will be hosting a free children's activity area! There will be a bounce house and lots of fun games! Thank you to the Newport Assembly of God and Carpetbagger Collectibles for sponsoring the children's activity area
The Newport Fire Company will be offering bucket rides for a bird's eye view of Newport!
Harleys for Heros -- Vote for your favorite motorcycle!
NRPS thanks the Borough of Newport and Newport Fire Police for their assistance with Canal Day.
After Canal Day, visit the Little Buffalo Festival from 12 pm to dusk. This free festival at Little Buffalo State Park features music on three stages, arts and crafts, a children's area and writer's nook! Find all of the details here: facebook.com/LittleBuffaloFestival.
Vendors and visitors are invited to park at the following locations:
View Canal Day Parking in a larger map.
For turn by turn directions, click on the Ps in the map.
Canal Day Vendors
Applications are still rolling in! The following list will be updated until October 1st.
The Canal Day map and list of vendors is available as a PDF file.
- Bread of Life Outreach (www.newportassembly.org)
- Conrad's Catering
- Hall's Ice Cream (www.hallsicecream.com)
- Incarnation United Church of Christ
- The Lifesavers Relay for Life Team
- Newport American Legion Ladies Auxiliary Post 177
- Newport High School Class of 1968
- Newport Lions Club
- Newport Royal Arch Chapter #238
- Potato Coop (www.thepotatocoop.com)
- S+S Baked Goods
- The Winery at Hunters Valley (www.wineryathuntersvalley.com)
Crafts, Jewelry, Books and Collectibles
- Artistic Image (www.artisticimagescreenprinting.com)
- Dawn Behne
- Cups for Kings and Queens (facebook.com/cupsforkingsandqueens)
- Historical Society of Perry County (www.hsofpc.org)
- Jewelry Designs By Helen Ritter
- Harp Airbrushing (facebook.com/Neils-World-of-Art)
- Perry County Council of the Arts (www.perrycountyarts.org)
- Sharar's Crafts
- Author Janet Taylor
- Tracey Turner
- Wright's Riverview Crafts
Health and Fitness
- Angels on Call
- CPRS Physical Therapy (www.cprsweb.com)
- Newport Ambulance League
- SUN Home Health and Hospice (www.sunhomehealth.com)
Community Groups, Churches and Businesses
- 1st Pine Grove Church
- 98.9 WQLV (www.wqlvfm.com)
- The Bank of Landisburg (www.bankoflandisburg.com)
- Bath Fitter (www.bathfitterpa.com/)
- Butcher's Farm Market (www.butchersfarmmarket.com)
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter 49 (www.davmembersportal.org/chapters/pa/49)
- The Episcopal Church of the Nativity and St. Stephen's (www.nativityandstephen.diocpa.org)
- First National Bank of Mifflintown (www.fnbmifflintown.com)
- Giant Food Stores (www.giantfoodstores.com/)
- Zia Gochenaur Soccer Fundraising
- H&R Block (www.hrblock.com)
- Harleys for Heroes
- Homespire Windows and Doors (www.homespirewindoes.com)
- Kitchen Saver (www.kitchensaver.com/)
- Leather Shoppe
- Newport Cub Scouts Pack 93 (facebook/NewportPack93)
- Newport High School Football Team
- Office of State Senator Rob Teplitz (www.senatorteplitz.com)
- Operation Christmas Child (www.samaritanspurse.org)
- Orrstown Bank (www. orrstown.com)
- Pennsylvania Nonbelievers (www.panonbelievers.org)
- Perry County Animal Rescue (www.perrycountyanimalrescue.org)
- Perry County Chamber of Commerce (www.perrycountychamber.org)
- Perry County Literacy Council (www.perryliteracy.com)
- Perry County Republican Committee (www.perrygop.org)
- Red Hill Church of God
- Scentsy (www.beflamesless.com)
- Tastefully Simple (www.tastefullysimple.com/kbarrick)
- Team Praying for a Cure Relay for Life Team
- Thirty One Bags and Gifts (www.mythirtyone.com)
- YWCA Greater Harrisburg (www.ywcahbg.org)