2021 Canal Day
We are excited to announce that Canal Day will be held on October 2, 2021, from 9 am to 2 pm. This is a popular event that draws a large crowd from Newport and surrounding communities. We will be offering a full schedule of entertainment, including music and a children’s activity area. Our event is held on Second Street, from Walnut Street to Mulberry Street. NRPS is committed to hosting a safe event for our vendors and community members. Health and safety protocols will be a priority.
2019 Canal Day
Join us in the Newport square on October 5, 2019 from 9 am to 2 pm. Our vendors are ready for a great turnout!
Download the poster!
9 am -- Newport High School athletes, cheerleaders and band will kick the day off with a pep rally!
Are you a sucker for the classic rock songs of the 60s, 70s, and 80s? Friend of Bob is a four-piece classic rock and roll cover band from Perry County that plays all your favorite classic rock songs.
Friend of Bob formed in 2011 from musicians that have been playing in the local music scene for many years, some dating back to the 70s. Their talents and experiences mesh together bringing a fun, energetic, and memorable live experience. Friend of Bob for classic rock-n-roll that's just swell!
10 am to 12 pm -- The Louise Beard Memorial and Museum, 129 North Second Street, will be open.
Hourly -- Stop by the NRPS stand to fill out a chance for a free gift card! Drawings will take place every hour and you do not need to be present to win. Thank you to Bambino Pizza, Base Camp Outfitters, Bitting's, Brother's Pizzeria, Buffalo Brew, Butcher's Farm Market, Chelle's Family Pet Center, Espresso Yourself Cafe, Giant, Humble Stitch, The Jewel Box, Lighthouse Health Foods, Newport Beverage, Sharar's Grocery, Soutner's Hallmark, Terror Farm and Weis Markets for donating gift cards!
Be sure to visit the free children's activity area! There will be a bounce house sponsored by Newport Assembly of God and Carpetbagger Collectibles, alpacas from Suri Alpacas of Shiloh Farm and children's crafts from Perry County Council of the Arts and Don Jacobs Insurance Services.
The Newport Fire Company will be offering bucket rides for a bird's eye view of Newport!
NRPS thanks the Borough of Newport and Newport Fire Police for their assistance with Canal Day.
After Canal Day, visit the Little Buffalo Festival from 12 pm to dusk. This free festival at Little Buffalo State Park features music on three stages, arts and crafts, a children's area and writer's nook! Find all of the details here: facebook.com/LittleBuffaloFestival.
Vendors and visitors are invited to park at the following locations:
View Canal Day Parking in a larger map.
For turn by turn directions, click on the Ps in the map.
2019 Canal Day Vendors
The Canal Day map and list of vendors is available as a PDF file.
Applications are still rolling in! The following list will be updated through October 5th.
Delicious Food and Beverages
- Bread of Life Outreach/Newport Assembly of God (www.newportassembly.org)
- Conrad's Catering
- Hall's Ice Cream (www.hallsicecream.com)
- Hope Eternal United Methodist Women
- Incarnation United Church of Christ
- The Lifesavers
- Newport Cub Scouts Pack 93 (https://www.facebook.com/NewportPack93/)
- Newport American Legion Ladies Auxiliary Post 177
- Newport First Church of God
- Newport Lions Club
- Newport Revitalization and Preservation Society
- Newport Royal Arch Chapter #238
- No Kid Hungry
- Phillip Poust
- River Bend Hop Farm and Brewery (www.riverbendhopfarmandbrewery.com)
- Tastefully Simple (www.tastefullysimple.com/web/tsommerville)
- Thousand Hills Grazing (www.thousandhillsgrazing.com/)
- Westward Ho Kettle Corn
- The Winery at Hunters Valley (huntersvalleywines.com)
- Bounce house sponsored by Carpetbagger Collectibles and Newport Assembly of God
- Don Jacobs Insurance Services, Inc. (donjacobsinsurance.com)
- Newport Fire Company
- Perry County Council of the Arts (www.perrycountyarts.org)
- Suri Alpacas of Shiloh Farm (www.shilohsurialpacas.com/)
Crafts, Jewelry and Collectibles
- Leanne M. Barrick
- Brewster Artworks (facebook.com/brewsterartworks)
- Broom Closet
- Designs By Judy N Jaymee
- A Harps Creation (facebook.com/A-Harps-Creation)
- HW Bohemian Creations (www.etsy.com/shop/hwbohemiancreations)
- LMC Paracord Creations
- Jess McNaughton
- Meraki Moon (www.etsy.com/shop/merakimoonjewelry)
- Valerie Moyer
- Paparazzi - It's a Bling Thing (paparazziaccessories.com)
- Perry County Council of the Arts (www.perrycountyarts.org)
- Posies, Peppers & Pastels
- Puppen Meister (www.puppenmeister.com)
- Jill Seaman
Community Groups, Churches and Businesses
- 1st Pine Grove Church
- ACLU of Pennsylvania - South Central Chapter (www.aclupa.org)
- Agora Cyber Charter School (www.agora.org)
- Artistic Image
- Butcher's Farm Market (www.butchersfarmmarket.com)
- The Church of the Nativity (www.nativityandststephen.diocpa.org)
- Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- CPRS Physical Therapy (www.cprsweb.com)
- Damsel in Defense (www.mydamselpro.net)
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter 49 (www.davmembersportal.org/chapters/pa/49)
- Domestic Violence Services of Cumberland and Perry Counties (www.dvscp.org)
- Dream Vacations (www.jcsmith.net)
- Friends of Karen Ann Anderson (www.andersonforcommissioner.net)
- Giant Food Stores (www.giantfoodstores.com/)
- Hamilton Health Center of Perry County (www.hamiltonhealthcenter.com)
- Holiday Hair Salon (www.signaturestyle.com)
- Life's Second Chance
- Members 1st Federal Credit Union (www.members1st.org)
- Morrison, Inc. (www.morrisongeothermal.com)
- Newport Ambulance League
- Newport High School Class of 2021
- Newport High School Environmental Club
- Newport High School Football Team
- Newport Youth Soccer Association
- Operation Christmas Child (www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/)
- Orrstown Bank (www.orrstown.com)
- Pennian Bank (www.pennianbank.com)
- Perry County Animal Rescue (www.perrycountyanimalrescue.org)
- Perry County Chamber of Commerce (www.perrycountychamber.org)
- The Perry County Chapter DAR
- Perry County Democrats (www.perrycountydems.com)
- Perry County PRIDE
- Perry County Republican Committee (www.perrygop.org)
- Premier at Perry Village (www.premierperry.com)
- Red Hill Church of God
- ReNu Solar (www.renu-solar.com)
- Scarinigi Law (www.scaringilaw.com)
- YWCA of Greater Harrisburg (www.ywcahbg.org)