The Louise Beard Memorial

The Louise Beard Memorial, located at 129 North Second Street, was bequeathed to the residents of Newport in 1938 by Katherine Leiby Howe Beard as a memorial to her daughter Louise. The home was built in the 1890s by Mr. and Mrs. Horace Beard and was the site of many brilliant and festive soirees at the turn of the century. Today, the Louise Beard Memorial serves as a meeting place for several community groups.

The Museum at the Louise Beard Memorial houses a wonderful collection of Newport memorabilia including advertising from early merchants, clothing worn to gala social events and furniture and antiques used by our forbearers. The collection also includes glass, china, toys and many photographs of Newport.

To schedule a tour of the Louise Beard Memorial, please contact Laura Campbell at lcmpbll@hotmail.com.

Louise Beard Memorial, 129 North Second Street, Newport